Director of Innovation and Technology Integration
Director of Special Education, Student Services & Transportation
Director of Instruction
Assistant to the Directors
2018 Division Highlights
11 months ago
Board of Education Distinguished Achievement Award
West Point Public Schools
West Point Elementary School
West Point Middle School
Board of Educational Excellence Award
West Point High School
Department of Education 3 Year Accreditation
for ALL West Point Public Schools
Standards of Learning
15 tests had pass rates increase or remain constant
23 tests had a pass rate greater than 90%
100% of pass rates were at least 5% above the state average
68% were 10% above the state average
10 tests had increases in the Pass Advance rates
9 tests had Pass Advance rates of 30% or more
15 Pointer Pathway Graduates (Associate's Degree)
6 General Education Certificates (RCC)
66% of WPHS graduates earned Advance Diplomas
199 Industry Credentials Earned
Over 200 Classroom Performance-Based Assessments
Expanded partnerships with RCC, Bridging Communities Regional Technical Center and local businesses
2018-2019 INSTRUCTIONAL INITIATIVES
about 1 year ago
The West Point Public school division will focus on the following initiatives to ensure that all West Point students are provided high quality, 21st century learning experiences.
- Engage in performance-based learning and assessments that offer students the opportunity to actively apply their skills and knowledge in real world, relevant settings.
- Utilize flexible grouping strategies to promote active student engagement and collaboration.
- Leverage technology as an instructional tool to facilitate learning beyond the confines of the classroom and the textbook.
- Teachers and administrators serving as lead learners continually refining best practices.
- Build a truly collaborative culture that supports shared leadership and problem solving.
- Integrate workplace readiness in all grade levels and content areas to ensure our graduates are future-ready.
Facts About the Class of 2017
about 1 year ago
- 73 Graduates
- 15 Pointer Pathway Graduates
- 21 Governor's Medallions
- 48 Advanced Studies Diplomas
- 37 Governor's Seals
- 14 Board of Education Seals
- 31 Career and Technical Education Seals
- 35 Early College Scholars
- 28 Excellence in Civics Seals
- 22 Advanced Mathematics & Technology Seals
- 33 National Honor Society Stoles
- 15 Red Cross Cords
- 19 Service-Learning Cords