- Health Insurance: Available to all full-time employees through Anthem Local Choice. Employees have the choice of two plan options and coverage includes pharmacy, vision, dental coverage and an employee assistance program. WPPS contributes a significant portion toward health insurance coverage.
- Other Insurance Options: Additional specialized insurance coverage is also available, including disability income protection, personal cancer indemnity, critical care and recovery, and accident indemnity.
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan: Flexible spending accounts offer a way to pay health care expenses, dependent care expenses and insurance premiums with pre-tax dollars.
- Life Insurance: Employees covered under VRS are required to participate in a group life insurance plan. WPPS pays 100% of this cost.
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS): Please visit www.varetire.org for specific information regarding VRS plan options. WPPS contributes a significant portion toward employee VRS accounts.
- Supplemental 403(b) and the 457 deferred compensation plans: These plans are optional for employee participation. Contributions are made pre-tax through payroll deduction.
- Leave: Sick leave and personal business leave are available to all full-time employees. 12-month employees also earn annual leave that increases with years of service. Sick leave is transportable between school divisions. FMLA leave is available after one year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance: Full-time employees are eligible to receive up to $600 per fiscal year toward tuition assistance for continuing education.
- Professional Learning: WPPS supports attendance at professional conferences, workshops, and other activities to develop and enhance employee knowledge and skills. Opportunities are also provided locally through professional learning communities, school-based and division level training opportunities.