Tuition Student Admission
The 2023-2024 Application for Tuition is OPEN!
The procedure of admitting tuition students to West Point Public Schools is a multifaceted process. There may be zero available spots for tuition students in certain grade levels (Please see Chart A below). This is not a first come, first serve process. If there are available spots for tuition students, admission is competitive. The application process will open after the Winter Holiday in January and will close in May. Admission will be based on the following criteria:
Previous Academic Performance
Teacher Recommendations and References
Chart A: Available Spots School Year 2023-2024
The following steps will start the process of securing your child's seat in West Point Public Schools.
1. Complete the Application for Admission of Non-Resident (tuition) Students and the Release of School Records form. A parent or guardian should complete the application and records release online.
2. The Release of School Records form must include the student’s current school. If you are applying for a first-time kindergartner, please indicate that on the form, or if your child attends a preschool, you may also list that.
3. West Point Public Schools will then request records from current and previous schools.
4. Upon receiving the student’s records, the Chief Academic Officer, School Principal, and Superintendent will review all relevant records.
5. A recommendation for approval or denial is then forwarded to the School Board at their regular monthly meeting.
6. Written notice of the Board’s decision will be mailed to parents following the Board meeting.
7. Should your student be accepted, a contract for signature, a copy of the schedule of tuition payments, and instructions for enrolling your child will be included with the acceptance letter.
The West Point School Board has set the tuition for non-resident students at $3,200, payable quarterly (July, October, January, and March) for the 2023-2024 school year.
Questions should be directed to Kimberly Overton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Amy Hauser at email@example.com.