Schools are selected as eligible to receive Title I funds based upon the economic deprivation of the school population. West Point Elementary offers a schoolwide program for Title l services.
The Title I program for West Point Public Schools provides students in grades K-5 with additional instruction in reading and math. Our Title I staff assists students as they develop into fluent readers and mathematicians. The Title I Staff offers a comprehensive program of services for students and their families. Elementary students who are reading and performing math activities below grade level can receive special help through the program. Specialized help addressing specific assessed needs is given in small group sessions. The program provides instructional support in a variety of skills areas.
The parents are notified when a child is enrolled in or discharged from the program.
West Point has earned the Distinguished Title I Division distinction by “exceeding annual objectives for learning and achievement in reading and mathematics for more than six consecutive years.”
West Point Elementary School State Report Card
The report card gives information on the following:
• Student achievement at each proficiency level of the SOL’s
• This is broken down by race, ethnicity, gender, disability, migrant, English proficiency and economically disadvantaged.
• Comparison of West Point Elementary’s achievement levels to the state’s annual measurable objectives
• How West Point Elementary students’ achievement compared to the state achievement
• The percentage of students not tested
• The most recent two-year trend in student achievement
• Information on other academic indicators used by the state to determine AYP
• Graduation Rates
• Information on the division and schools AYP status
• Professional qualifications of teachers
Questions regarding Title I may be directed to Stacy Roach, Director of Special Education, Federal Programs and Accountability, at email@example.com or Betsy Farmer, Title I Reading Teacher at West Point Elementary School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Programs Advisory Committees: Title I, II, IV & Dates
The work of the Federal Programs Advisory Committees (Title I, Title II, Title IV) centers around improving student achievement through fair, equitable, and high-quality education and closing achievement gaps (Title I); improving the quality and effectiveness of educators (Title II); and strengthening the comprehensive needs of students, improving family engagement and bringing schools into the 21st century (Title IV).
West Point Public Schools Federal Programs Advisory Committees: Title I, II, IV will meet on the following dates:
October 18, 2023
January 10, 2024 (Title I Annual Parent Meeting)
March 13, 2024
All meetings are at 4:00 PM in the West Point Elementary School Library with a virtual option available.
Sorry, but there was nothing found. Please try different filters.