CLOSED - 2022-2023 Tuition Student Admission
The 2022-2023 Application for Tuition has closed.
The procedure of admitting tuition students to West Point Public Schools is a multifaceted process. There may be zero available spots for tuition students in certain grade levels (Please see Chart A below). This is not a first come, first serve process. If there are available spots for tuition students, admission is competitive. The application process will open in December and will close in May. Admission will be based on the following criteria:
Previous Academic Performance
Teacher Recommendations and References
Chart A: Available Spots School Year 2022-2023
The following steps will start the process of securing your child's seat in West Point Public Schools.
1. Complete the Application for Admission of Non-Resident (tuition) Students and the Release of School Records form. The application and records release should be completed online by a parent or guardian.
2. The Release of School Records form must include the student’s current school. If you are applying for a first-time kindergartner, please indicate that on the form, or if your child attends a pre-school, you may list that as well.
3. West Point Public Schools will then request records from current and previous schools.
4. Upon receiving the student’s records, the Director of Student Services, School Principal, and Superintendent will review all relevant records.
5. A recommendation for approval or denial is then forwarded to the School Board at their regular monthly meeting.
6. Written notice of the Board’s decision will be mailed to parents following the Board meeting.
7. Should your student be accepted, a contract for signature, a copy of the schedule of tuition payments, and instructions for enrolling your child will be included with the acceptance letter.
Currently, the West Point School Board has set the tuition for non-resident students at $3,000, payable quarterly (August, October, January, and March). This amount is subject to change for the 2022-2023 school year.