2nd Grade Teacher/EL's Lead Teacher/PBIS Coach/Team Leader/newspaper club leader
Director of Instruction
Assistant to the Directors
Administrator for Instruction and Student Interventions, Coordinator for Special Education & Testing
Spanish and EL's Teacher
3 months ago
- Student achievement at each proficiency level of the SOL’s
- This is broken down by race, ethnicity, gender, disability, migrant, English proficiency and economically disadvantaged.
- Comparison of West Point Elementary’s achievement levels to the states annual measurable objectives
- How West Point Elementary students’ achievement compared to the state achievement
- The percentage of students not tested
- The most recent two-year trend in student achievement
- Information on other academic indicators used by the state to determine AYP
- Graduation Rates
- Information on the division and schools AYP status
- Professional qualifications of teachers
Title I Highly Distinguished Award
3 months ago
WEST POINT SCHOOLS RECOGNIZED FOR TITLE I ACHIEVEMENT 2016
RICHMOND, Va. – The Virginia Board of Education is honoring 55 Title I schools and one school division for raising the academic achievement of economically disadvantaged students. The awards are based on student performance on Standards of Learning (SOL) assessments during the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 school years. Each school and division will receive a certificate celebrating its status and achievement.
“Public schools don’t get to select their students, but division superintendents, principals, teachers and other public school educators do decide how they respond to the challenges economically disadvantaged children bring to the classroom,” Board of Education President Billy K. Cannaday Jr. said. “The Title I schools we are honoring combine effective instruction with the non-instructional supports that inspire many children in poverty to focus and succeed.”
To qualify for the distinction, schools must exceed all state and federal accountability benchmarks for two consecutive years and achieve pass rates on reading and mathematics SOL tests at or above the 85th percentile.
West Point Elementary School was named one of nine Highly Distinguished Schools and West Point Public Schools was named as a Distinguished Title I School Division - for the fourth consecutive year