2017-18 INSTRUCTIONAL INITIATIVES
The West Point Public school division will focus on the following initiatives to ensure that all West Point students are provided high quality, 21st century learning experiences.
- Engage in performance-based learning and assessments that offer students the opportunity to actively apply their skills and knowledge in real world, relevant settings.
- Utilize flexible grouping strategies to promote active student engagement and collaboration.
- Leverage technology as an instructional tool to facilitate learning beyond the confines of the classroom and the textbook.
- Teachers and administrators serving as lead learners continually refining best practices.
- Build a truly collaborative culture that supports shared leadership and problem solving.