Director of Innovation and Technology Integration
Director of Special Education, Student Services & Transportation
Director of Instruction
Assistant to the Directors
2017 Division Highlights
4 months ago
Distinguished Achievement Award - School
West Point Middle School
Educational Excellence - School
West Point Elementary School
West Point High School
Educational Excellence Award - Division
West PointPublic Schools
Standards of Learning
15 tests had pass rates increase or remain constant
23 tests had a pass rate greater than 90%
100% of pass rates were at least 5% above the state average
68% were 10% above the state average
10 tests had increases in the Pass Advance rates
9 tests had Pass Advance rates of 30% or more
15 Pointer Pathway Graduates (Associate's Degree)
6 General Education Certificates (RCC)
66% of WPHS graduates earned Advance Diplomas
219 Industry Credentials Earned
130 Performance-Based Assessments Given
Expanded partnerships with RCC, Bridging Communities Regional Technical Center and local businesses
2017-18 INSTRUCTIONAL INITIATIVES
6 months ago
The West Point Public school division will focus on the following initiatives to ensure that all West Point students are provided high quality, 21st century learning experiences.
- Engage in performance-based learning and assessments that offer students the opportunity to actively apply their skills and knowledge in real world, relevant settings.
- Utilize flexible grouping strategies to promote active student engagement and collaboration.
- Leverage technology as an instructional tool to facilitate learning beyond the confines of the classroom and the textbook.
- Teachers and administrators serving as lead learners continually refining best practices.
- Build a truly collaborative culture that supports shared leadership and problem solving.
Facts About the Class of 2017
4 months ago
- 73 Graduates
- 15 Pointer Pathway Graduates
- 21 Governor's Medallions
- 48 Advanced Studies Diplomas
- 37 Governor's Seals
- 14 Board of Education Seals
- 31 Career and Technical Education Seals
- 35 Early College Scholars
- 28 Excellence in Civics Seals
- 22 Advanced Mathematics & Technology Seals
- 33 National Honor Society Stoles
- 15 Red Cross Cords
- 19 Service-Learning Cords